I know what it’s like to be single on Valentines Day and for some singles, this can be a day of avoiding social media, eye-rolling at the glimpse of lovey-dovey, over sharing posts you accidentally see online and wondering when you’ll find love.
This is not to say that all singles dread Valentines Day. I know quite a few people who are single by choice and absolutely love it!
Although I’s married now, I empathize with those who dread V-Day!
I think Valentine’s Day is a little cheesy. Well actually, I’m torn. A part of me thinks it’s cute and fun, but on the other hand, I think it’s become grossly commercialized, like many other holidays.
As many Anti-Valentine’s Day couples will say, “we love each other everyday and don’t need a man-made holiday to facilitate romance in our relationship.”
But I digress.
This one is for the singles on Valentines Day.
1. “Being single doesn’t mean no one loves you. It means that God is busy writing your love story.”
2. “S.I.N.G.L.E = Strong, Independent, Noticeable, Generous, Loyal and Enlightened”
3. “Being single isn’t the cause of loneliness, and marriage is not necessarily the cure. There are many lonely married people as well.” -Renee Jones
4. “My alone feels so good, I’ll only have you if you’re sweeter than my solitude.” -Warsan Shire
Related: Why He Shouldn’t “Complete” You
5. “Being single used to mean that nobody wanted you. Now it means you’re pretty sexy and you’re taking your time deciding how you want your life to be and who you want to spend it with.” –Sex and the City
6. “I love being single. I can come and go as I please and stay out as late as I want to.” –Eric Dickerson
7. “I don’t need Prince Charming to have my own happy ending.” -Katy Perry
8. “When you’re single, all you see are happy couples. When you’re committed, all you see are happy singles.”
9. “Single is not a status. It is a word that best describes a person who is strong enough to live and enjoy life without depending on others.”
10. “I don’t need a man to rectify my existence. The most profound relationship we’ll ever have is the one with ourselves.” -Shirley MacLaine
11. “Sometimes you have to stand alone to prove that you can still stand.” – Anonymous
12. “Happy phony, romanticized, overly commercial, sucks to be single, pretend that it’s love, day!” – Unknown