I never knew good recipes were such hot commodities until I went searching for a rich and moist cornbread recipe. There were a ton of Google searches asking for Jiffy Mix recipes. I was among many who were in “desperate” need of a new recipe, after having an awful experience when I followed the instructions on the back of the Jiffy Box; my cornbread was dry, crumby and flavorless.
After asking around I found that many people weren’t down with just giving up their recipes. I got a lot of “it’s a family secret” or “just add sugar.” So, I searched the internet and through trial and error I think I’ve come up with a pretty decent recipe for rich and moist cornbread. “You want yo cornbread?” 🙂
Ingredients for rich and moist cornbread recipe
- 1 Box Jiffy Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- a dash of cinnamon
- a drop of vanilla flavoring
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 inch square or round pan.
2. Empty Jiffy mix into large mixing bowl. Stir in oil and 2 eggs. Mix in salt, sour cream, cinnamon, vanilla flavoring and sugar. Whisk until combined.
3. Pour batter into greased pan. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of sugar overtop of the batter.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of pan comes out clean.
I hope you enjoy your rich and moist cornbread! Please share your experience below. I’d love to hear your positive and constructive feedback. Let’s perfect this recipe!
Did you like this recipe? Check out my creamy mac n cheese recipe here!