What better time for a 2016 Year in Review? The end of the year is a great time to reflect on the past and plan for the future. December is one of my favorite months of the year. Every year around this time, I’m pretty much over the current year and ready to move on.
I think we can agree that 2016 was a tough year for many of us. Between the racial tensions in the U.S., losing so many great Black talents, and Trump being elected as President, we’re eagerly looking forward to a fresh start, and a hopeful future.
The symbolism of January 1st gets me pumped. The fresh start, the unlimited potential for the upcoming year, and the process of shedding unnecessary baggage, truly excites me!
Over the years I’ve become a reflective person and I really appreciate introspection. Below are 12 questions that I used to reflect on 2016.
Trust me… this isn’t a walk in the park! If you can, take some quiet time and reflect on the past year. Your successes, failures, and everything in between.
I like to jot my answers down in a notebook, the notepad app on my phone, or I email it to myself. I encourage you to do the same. On December 31, 2017, I can guarantee you, you’ll appreciate looking back on your progress and growth.
Feel free to share your answers (the ones you feel comfortable sharing of course) in the comments section and click the link below to download your free 2017 Goal Mapping Workbook or the 5 Year Plan Workbook.
Your 2016 Year in Review
1. If you had to describe 2016 in 3 words, what would they be?
2. What was a high point?
3. What was a low point?
4. What lessons did you learn in 2016?
5. What goals did you achieve this year?
6. What goals didn’t get completed? Why?
7. Who or what hindered you? How can you prevent this from happening again?
8. Who or what supported you? How can you pay it forward or show appreciation?
9. What was your favorite compliment that you received (or gave) this year?
10. What did you think about more than anything else in 2016?
11. If you could give your early-2016 self advice, what would it be?
12. What is your number one goal for 2017? What 3 action-steps will help you achieve this goal?
Get a Head Start on Planning for 2017, with one of the resources below!